Whoop! Hooray! I have been awarded the Sunshine Blogger Award. Yikes, I’m so grateful to my nominator Annie from A Booknerd Travels. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Go check her wonderful blog; she is an amazing book blogger with creative content.
It’s lovely knowing my fellow readers enjoy my posts. Thank you to all my followers and for every comment and like I receive. It truly does brighten my day. You’re all awesome!
So, what is the Sunshine Blogger Award? It is an award that is given to creative, positive and inspiring bloggers.
Here are the questions she gave me:
- What thing are you most grateful for in your life?
To my loyal family and friends, who love me for me. No matter the distance or time separating us, they’ll always remain in my heart.
- What is the story behind your blog’s name?
Thats simple: Lorraine Ambers is my author name.
- How did you meet your best friend?
She was dating my brother’s best friend, so I knew her to say hello. It wasn’t I moved to the two bedroom house opposite her, with my brother and sister, that we became inseparable. She turned up with white paint and helped me decorate the ruined council house. In fact, many of my friends helped us transform that tiny house into a home.
- Do you have any pets?
I have a beagle called Dexter. He’s cuddly and a little lazy. We lost our cat Jasper on bonfire night; he’s still very much missed. Even by Dexter, they were good friends.
- Which are you favourite TV shows/movies?
So many, I binge watch shows: Peaky Blinders, American Gods, Westworld, The Magicians, and Jessica Jones. And give me any fantasy-Sci-fi-action-adventure movie.
- What hobbies do you have?
Reading, writing and binge watching shows.
- What are the Top 3 ways you want to improve yourself?
Great question. I’m constantly working on myself. It’s vital for my wellbeing to practice grounding/meditation and yoga. I’d like to be braver, more confident and outgoing. I’m constantly pushing myself to make my dreams come true.
- Where would you like to live and why?
I love it here. I’m an army brat, so we moved every couple of years. I even did a few years in Germany, which was gorgeous. But all I craved was a home, somewhere to fit in and belong. West Wales is where my heart belongs.
- If travelling became free, where would you like to go first?
Venice and Rome. My kids hate flying, so I’ll wait until they’ve left home… and then I’m off.
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
I love chilling at home with Dexter and my family. Then, dinner with some friends. Tonight we’re going to Pizza Tipi: fire pits, rustic furniture, great food and a few drinks under the cover of giant tipi’s – Perfect.
- Do you speak a language other than English?
Not much. I struggle to grasp or remember languages. But I can count to ten in French, German and Welsh. And then I know a few basic polite phrases in each. It’s quite poor, I wish I’d paid better attention in school.
And now the people I decided to nominate:
- Ari Meghlen
- By Hook or By Book
- The Life Crisis
- It’s Lu Again
- Elysa the Biblioblogger
- Andrew McDowell
Here are my questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Tell me your favourite quote to live by.
- Best book you’ve read this year?
- Name three things you do well.
- How do you relax?
- What is your favourite movie?
- Tell me a little bit about your home town.
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why.
- What quality do you admire most?
- Whats your favourite hobby?
I hope you enjoyed my answers. For the people nominated, I can’t wait to read your answers. If you’re following my blog, thank you so much. I hope you have a fantastic weekend! 🙂
© Author Lorraine Ambers and http://www.lorraineambers.com, 2018.